[FFmpeg-user] Can the rtmp stream published by Flash Media Encoder be read by ffmpeg?

Robert Reinhardt flashfreaker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 18:15:18 CEST 2013

FMLE can connect to any RTMP-enabled server; I'm not sure why you're having
problems with Red5 specifically. The most popular RTMP-enabled server by
far is Wowza Media Server
(www.wowza.com<https://owa.themakers.com/owa/robert@videorx.com/14.1.438.0/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=fed1a175b58349aaa5025cf832082548&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wowza.com>);
like Red5, it's Java based, but the Wowza community is excellent. I use
Wowza with most of my clients, and I built videoRx.com streaming on top of
Wowza. (I have a long history with Flash-based video; wrote the Flash
Bible, ActionScript Bible, and web video books.)

I'd recommend installing the latest developer version of Wowza (free).

Best,

Robert
--
Robert Reinhardt
http://linkedin.com/in/adaptivestreaming<https://owa.themakers.com/owa/robert@videorx.com/14.1.438.0/scripts/premium/redir.aspx?C=fed1a175b58349aaa5025cf832082548&URL=http%3a%2f%2flinkedin.com%2fin%2fadaptivestreaming>