[FFmpeg-user] 422 to 444 Upsampling Testbed

Vincent Olivier vincent at up4.com
Mon Apr 29 21:48:28 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-29, at 3:58 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Splitting yuv into planes of gray is supported for rawvideo codec only.
> Filter could be added that export single or all planes into gray image(s).

But with this command, I actually manage to output a file with the horizontally aligned images.

My problems are that:

I would like to have separate files (all things considered, I can very well do that in many FFMPEG calls, it doesn't have to be one command).
the chroma images are not grayscale

And I think I have the command for the luma image :

ffmpeg -i input.mxf -filter_complex "lutyuv=u=128:v=128" -vframes 1 y.png

And is says it's a "rgb24" image where I want it to be a "gray16"

Plus, I don't understand the lutyuv. What does the 128 mean?

And can I do the same thing for the chroma channels?

Thanks!!!!

Vincent