[FFmpeg-user] 500 Internal Server Error

Trupti Thakkar trupti at openxcelltechnolabs.com
Tue Apr 30 14:55:05 CEST 2013

Hello,
Thanks for your reply,
However , i need this functionality while adding video from my CMS , so to
create cron -job here not possible and also not useful and right thing
So , i need to write shell_exec() in php code only , and as soon as this
code run , i redirect this page to one my file on  server.
But , the problem is shell_exec() command working well , it creating all
required things , and after that it redirect to 500Internal Server Error.
Also note that, i am using Hostgator Shared Server (Window server).
Also , note that this issue is not happening on Linux Hostgator Server.

Thanks ,
Trupti

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>wrote:

> Am 30.04.2013 14:34, schrieb Trupti Thakkar:
> > While using ffmpeg with shell_exce , as soon as command run , browser
> > redirect to 500 Internal Server Error instead of page that is given.
> >
> > Is there any settings required in ffmpeg configurations ?
>
> i assume you mean shell_exec() from PHP
>
> no smart admin out there will enable shell commands on a webserver
> because they break any open_basedir configuration and the 500 status
> code is a PHP "Fatal error" on a correctly configured webserver which
> does not open a info-leak by spit errors to the browser
>
> so you neeed to run ffmpeg via cron-jobs and PHP needs different
> "php.ini" for httpd and cli, you need shell access and finally
> you need a dedicated server for what you are trying

Thanks ,
Trupti