[FFmpeg-user] Convert RAW AVI file to lossless ffvhuff and produce JPG images

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 14:56:02 CEST 2013

Is it possible, within ffmpeg, to do both of these at the same time:
    Convert a raw AVI file to a lossless compressed ffvhuff file.
    Convert each frame to an individual image (JPEG or TIFF, or whatever)?
Concurrently I'm doing both of the above in mencoder with two separate
commands.  But that is inefficient since the video frames have to be decoded
again for the image extraction step.  Also, I'm trying to convert from
mencoder to ffmpeg, as Carl has repeatedly reprimanded me for not doing
so, and I'm not that familiar with the ffmpeg command syntax.

Can I do this?