[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg build fail with libx264

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 7 15:13:59 CEST 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:30:18 James Board wrote:
> >>     git clone git:://git.videolan.org/x264.git
> >>
> >>     make
> >>     make install
> >
> >You forgot ./configure --enable-shared before make.
>
> Yes, I figured that out.  Is this documented anywhere?

If in doubt, ./configure --help usually provides configure options. It
certainly works for both x264 and ffmpeg. The descriptions may be somewhat
terse, but it will usually tell you what you need to know (unless its your
first time building software from source, but I'm guessing that's not the case
here).

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au