[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe -show_frames and coded_picture_number

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Aug 11 01:21:30 CEST 2013

Le tridi 23 thermidor, an CCXXI, thljcl a écrit :
> I do have experiences over changing frame rate from 25 FPS, 29.97 FPS, and 30
> FPS to 24 FPS using the method I described.

That is very different from 24 -> 25 fps, because in one case the extra
frame comes at 5~6 Hz while in the other case it comes at ~1 Hz. An extra
frame at 5~6 Hz is barely noticeable, while an extra frame at 0.1~2 Hz is
very noticeable.

<snip>

How you can have so much knowledge and fail so utterly to actually
understand it is beyond me.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George