[FFmpeg-user] Cannot get resampling context

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Aug 13 03:02:19 CEST 2013

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:29:19 -0400
Robin Maximus <rmaximus839 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please can you provide help/hint for this follwing issue:
>
> I did downloaded the free FFmpeg version to make my website to create
> automated thumbnails from uploaded clips and it worked for a while. But my
> provider (HostGator.com) told me that I have to upgrade to paying FFmpeg to
> be able to convert video format to .mp4 (h264).  So they did upgrade but
> now, because of this upgrade, my website does not created automated
> thumbnails images has it was doing, and I have the  following warning
> message:

All versions of FFmpeg are free.

> " Array ( [0] => FFmpeg version SVN-r15261,  2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard

This is the "upgrade"? This is incredibly outdated and is unsupported
here. There have been at least 40269 revisions since the version you are
attempting to use. You are wasting your time and our time by trying to
use such an ancient build.

I'm not familiar with your hosting situation or really what you are
trying to do but you might be able to use a recent ffmpeg build for
Linux:

http://ffmpeg.org/download.html#LinuxBuilds

Or you could always compile:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide