[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe -show_frames and coded_picture_number

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Tue Aug 13 08:33:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Richard H Lee
<ricardohenrylee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/08/2013 07:57, Robert Krüger wrote:
>>
>> I am not aware that this is a known limitation/bug of the
>> respective ffmpeg features and I have not come across it myself when
>> changing audio speed to achieve exactly what you describe
>

> Well I decided to double check the problem before filing a bug against
> ffmpeg and I discovered the 'atempo' filter. This works perfectly and keeps
> sync even for a 2 hour long movie.
>
> It seems like atempo filter is a relatively new one, which would explain why
> I didn't come across it during my search for something similar last year.

yes, it is relatively new (added a bit more than a year ago) but
still, if your original command line, that tries to achieve the audio
stretching/squeezing using resampling causes a/v desync, it should be
investigated whether your command line is wrong or there is a problem
in the resampling code.