[FFmpeg-user] Using ffmpeg to remove commercials from video file

jlundstocholm j+ffmpeg at lundstocholm.dk
Wed Aug 14 12:08:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Try -c:v copy -c:a copy , this avoid re-encode the streams.

Ok - should I just add those as parameters to the ffmpeg-call? As in:

ffmpeg -ss 213 -c:v copy -c:a copy -i MySourceMovie.m4v testoutput.m4v

The above makes ffmpeg puke on

"unknown decoder 'copy'

ffmpeg -h tells me that the -c option needs a "codec" paramater?

> It seems no way to avoid re-jointing the videos after you cut some
> parts if I have not misunderstanded your meaning.

Ok - this latter part is not a big deal for me since my media center (Plex)
supports streaming of split-up files (as far as I remember, at least)

Thanks for you reply :-)

/Jesper
Copenhagen, Denmark