[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg mp4 decoding does not work for all systems

Gunnar Schulze gunnar.schulze at trinckle.com
Thu Aug 29 20:40:14 CEST 2013

Dear FFmpeg developer team and experts,

I have a problem and I need your help:

I use FFmpeg to convert a set of images to video files of different size
and format (for details see below). Unfortunately, FFmpeg produces mp4
decoded files that seem to differ from mp4 video files from other
sources (w3schools tutorial videos): on some plattforms (an older
Android mobile phone and a Win7 PC), the FFmpeg-encoded videos are not
shown in the browser.

I suppose the error is within my usage of the FFmpeg command line
arguments. Maybe I have to add an audio codec although I do not need
sound for the videos.

I collected all details of the problem like the exact command line and
the video results on my website:

http://www.trinckle.com/videotest.php

I would be very thankful for a helpful answer to my problem.

Sincerly,
Gunnar Schulze