[FFmpeg-user] How to stream to HDMI on Linux/Ubuntu

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 2 14:56:15 CET 2013

David Favor <david <at> davidfavor.com> writes:

> Using latest Ubuntu-13.10 + ffmpeg-2.1.1 - the best way
> to stream audio + video directly to an HDMI port
> connected to a TV.

Apart from "don't highjack mailing threads, this is
(also) very rude":
Streaming audio via HDMI is completely straight-forward,
I am not sure what you mean with streaming video:
There is -f sdl and -f xv (and both work fine with HDMI)
but ffmpeg is not a media player so I think I don't
understand your use-case.

Or would "Use MPlayer" be a possible answer?

Carl Eugen