[FFmpeg-user] Add Image to Streaming Audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Dec 5 11:38:36 CET 2013

Lou <lou <at> lrcd.com> writes:

> > ffmpeg -re -loop 1 -i still.jpg -i http://localhost:8002/listen
> > -acodec copy  -bsf h264_mp4toannexb -c:v copy -hls_time 10
> > -hls_wrap 10 -hls_list_size 6 -f hls mp3.m3u8
>
> You're trying to stream copy both inputs. I assume MJPEG
> video is not an acceptable format for HLS.

Or more exactly: The mpegts muxer which the hls muxer calls
does not support mjpeg.
>From FFmpeg perspective, you are responsible for what you try
to mux into a container, so while for some combination an
error (or warning) will be printed, others will be accepted
silently (like random in mpeg-ts) although they cannot work.

Note that -bsf h264_mp4toannexb makes no sense in above
command line.

Carl Eugen