[FFmpeg-user] Transcode mini-DV to mpeg for DVD

peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net
Sat Dec 7 13:49:41 CET 2013

I need to transcode a Sony mini-DV video to mpeg for use in a DVD.

In the past I used Kino to grab the video and then edit and export it
to an mpeg format. Once that was done DVD Styler was used to format the
appearance of the video and then create the DVD structure.

Having said that....I'd like to simply grab the video and then
transcode it to mpeg suitable for using in DVD Styler.

Can you suggest a ffmpeg code line for transcoding from DV to mpeg?

Thanks,

Alek