[FFmpeg-user] corrupted mp4 encoded from images sent from a pipe

pablo platt pablo.platt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 17:58:54 CET 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> pablo platt <pablo.platt <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I've generated images with phantomjs instead of
> > sending to the pipe. I have img001.png, img002.png...
> > I'm calling the command:
> > ../ffmpeg -r 1 -pattern_type glob -i '*.png'
> > -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p out.mp4
>
> (Why did you change from image2pipe to glob?)

I saw this command on the wiki.
Tried other variations and this worked.
I'll be happy to check other commands if needed.

> > The video is still corrupted.
>
> Could you explain what is corrupted / how do you
> know it is corrupted?

The video doesn't play in FF and Chrome.
Maybe corrupted is not the right word but I thought that was the issue when
using pipe with phantomjs.

In this stackoverflow question someone says he got the same "pipe::
Input/output" error
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19759138/error-using-ffmpeg-image2pipe-with-phantomjs-to-render-video-from-webpage-screen/20497497#20497497