[FFmpeg-user] Confusion about fieldmatch, decimate and framerate (now with yadif)

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 15:59:32 CET 2013

I double checked, and it did have the 3-3 pattern you suggested. I don't know what could cause that. I looked around on the internet and couldn't find a Telecine process that would produce a 3-3 pattern. I decided to just do yadif. In this case the fps filter is unneeded. The resulting file thinks it has a different fps but it plays correctly. I use yadif=deint=interlaced and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

-Nick