[FFmpeg-user] VBR Encoding with libopus

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:26:54 CET 2013

> Perhaps nobody has added that yet.  I certainly can't see anything like
> what is used with libmp3lame or libvorbis.

That makes me wonder why the option was included (even in a stable release)
if it doesn't do anything :)

> > Furthermore, the source code (
> > https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavcodec/libopusenc.c)
> > mentions a "compression_level" option, but how can I set this as a user?
>
> -compression_level X where X is between 0 and 10 (inclusive)

Thanks. Should've mentioned I already tried that—this option unfortunately
has no effect. I get "No bit rate set. Defaulting to 96000 bps."
The simple explanation would be that there's no interface yet (as indicated
by "ffmpeg -h full"), but maybe a dev can confirm this.