[FFmpeg-user] Unable to find a suitable output format for 'libx264'

Antony Peiris acct_reg at fireslug.com
Tue Feb 19 19:48:38 CET 2013

Thank you so much for the help, truly appreciate it.

Actually, that filter was for scale, like so: -filter:v scale=640:-1

This command did not work, so I tired

"scale=640:trunc(ow/a/2)*2"

as you had suggested to me in a previous thread (Need help encoding a specific video for HTML5)

This also failed. I am assuming I have just messed up the syntax/format... but I also tried this:

scale="trunc(oh*a*2)/2:640"

For future reference, could you please help me figure out exactly how to
write this filter for scale? Thanks a million in advance!