[FFmpeg-user] prores4444 to dpx: colourshift & translation

ArnoB ffmpeg at rgbaz.eu
Wed Feb 20 22:42:32 CET 2013

On 20 feb 2013, at 22:06, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> ArnoB <ffmpeg <at> > writes:
>
>> http://www.datafilehost.com/download-39db8690.html
>
> I used the following command line on your file:
> $ ffmpeg -i prores4444g2.2_v01.mov out.dpx
> out.dpx looks ok with both ImageMagick and FFmpeg.
>
> I cannot really comment on the gamma issue, I guess:
> Patch welcome!
>
> Carl Eugen

Hey Carl,

thanks for trying. I should have thought of
opening the dpx with ffplay myself...
it looks OK here too. very odd.

photoshop opens it without the hue shift and
most grading programs (resolve and speedgrade)

after effects refuses it, shake displays a black frame
and nuke has the problems i mention above.

I'll definitely try to have a look at why this happens
(i have a CD here from Kodak with official DPXs
in all kinds) and see if I can write a patch.

It could take some time though since I just finished
my C book's chapter about pointers ;)
(I did write a DPX header reader in python though
a few years ago)

thanks for your time!
gr
Arno