[FFmpeg-user] Segmenting an rtp H264 stream of an IP camera

David Cassany Viladomat david.cassany at i2cat.net
Wed Feb 27 12:24:00 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have been trying for a while to get an rtp stream from an IP camera
(coded with H264) adn segment it in order to build and HLS strem (something
that i am already doing using a file as the input media).

The problem I am facing is that using the following command:

ffmpeg -analyzeduration 10 -i rtsp://192.168.10.149/live1.sdp  -g 50 -r 25
-ac 2 -b:a 128k -c:v libx264 -c:a libfdk_aac -profile:v baseline -map 0
-flags -global_header -f segment -segment_time_delta 0.03 -segment_time 3
live1_level2_%d.ts

I get the stream encoded and segmented properly but the output is delivered
right after the process of ffmpeg ends. In other words, I get all the
segments at once when I stop ffmpeg, meanwhile the process is running I get
nothing.

I believe this must be possible to accomplish, as I am already doing it
with video files. I have the feeling I may miss something in my x264 coding
options.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Deivit