[FFmpeg-user] convert MP4 to TS preserving PTS (timestamp) info?

Tom Sheffler tom.sheffler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:58:25 CET 2013

I have an application that creates a series of .mp4 files from a continuous
stream.

For display in an HLS player, I wish to convert each of the .mp4 files into
a .ts file.  I notice that when I do this, the resulting .ts files always
begin at

    pts = 126000
    pts_time = 1.4000

I've used 'ffprobe -show_packets' on both the input and the output to
examine the PTS and PTS_TIME.

The conversion command looks like this:

   ffmpeg -i file1.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts file1.

It seems that there may be no easy way to preserve the PTS information, but
I thought I would ask here.

Thanks,
Tom