[FFmpeg-user] backtrack parameters from existing file

Scott Goldman scottg at emailhosting.com
Sat Jan 5 03:59:47 CET 2013

Its a pain.. I am trying to match the output and quality of our existing
Rhozet trans-coded files.   These files were built with the following
Rhozet profile parameters:

Frame size:1280x720
level: 5.1
Multiplexer:Mpeg-4 System
Aspect Ratio:16x9
Frame Rate [Fps] 29.969999
non-interlaced
Video bit rate mode:VBR
1 Pass
Video Bit rate 3000kbps
Max Bit rate 8000kbps
vbv buffer-size 0
entropy coding mode CABAC
# of slices per picture 1
HRD Conformance Yes
Write Timestamps Yes
Write Access Unit Delimiters Yes
GOP Size 15 frames
Min GOP Size 1 frame
Enable Scene Change Detection
IDR Frequency 1
Reference Frames 2
Number of b-pictures 2
Use Adaptive B-Frame placement Yes
Black Normalization Level 16
Grain Optimization Strength 50
Use Deblocking Y
Chroma offset 1
Colour Description Auto
Search Shape 8x8
Motion Estimation Subpixel Mode - Quarter Pixel
use fast inter/intra decisions yes
rate distortion optimization yes
fast rate distortion optimization yes
I-pictures use 16x16 intra macroblock prediction yes
I-pictures use 8x8 intra macroblock prediction yes
I-pictures use 4x4 intra macroblock prediction yes
p- and b-pictures use 16x16 intra macroblock prediction
p- and b-pictures use 8x8 intra macroblock prediction
p- and b-pictures use 4x4 intra macroblock prediction

Audio
Audio Program Type MEPG-2 AAC-LC
Channel Config:stereo
Bitrate 48kbps
sample rate 22.050
sample width 16

With so many parameters, i was hoping to give ffmpeg an existing file
and ask it to provide the right switches to transcode into the same
format with the same quality/codecs/etc.

any help is appreciated

Thanks
Scott