[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding for the Roku with recent ffmpeg

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jan 7 02:56:21 CET 2013

litt
> How about you copy the libx264 profile files in ffmpeg 0.5.10 into the
> latest ffmpeg profile files folder?

No joy; the options are different for the latest ffmpeg.  Also, the
files won't play with older versions but newer than 0.5.  Something's
changed but I don't know what.  The Roku is picky and apparently picky
enough.  HandBrake uses ffmpeg 0.7, so maybe they also ran into this.

It's not libx264; I use the latest.  It's something in ffmpeg that
breaks the files for the Roku.  (Not saying that ffmpeg is broken; it
could be that the Roku hardware decoder is buggy.)