[FFmpeg-user] converting AV from mpeg_ts to mp4 container error

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:57:52 CET 2013

>The file can be read / converted here with:
>$ ffmpeg -analyzeduration 6M -i mpegts_not_convert_to_mp4.ts

The problem was related to the fact that FFmpeg couldn't find the codec
parameters at the beginning of the file. In the current situation I cut the
recordings on the sync-byte 0x47 as I log the filesize during a recording
every minute.
Is there a way to make cuts in mpeg-ts files so the cutting starts just
before the codec parameters and more software like the extracted av file by
default?