[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg-opus from start to finish

mark edwards edwardsmarkf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 02:24:23 CET 2013

hello all -

first off, let me offer a special thank you to all, especially carl and
bat-guano for persevering with my newbie questions, most probably seemed
pretty silly.

i wanted to make sure i could repeat this install, so i started from
scratch.  the steps i want through are below.

any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.   and maybe a newbie
such as myself could benefit from this.

*opus-ffmpeg on CentOS linux *

on my windows-7 amd box:

first, grab a CentOS iso file:
http://mirror.teklinks.com/centos/6.3/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.3-x86_64-LiveDVD.iso

next, download and install virtualbox:
http://virtualbox.org

when after creating the new virtual machine, go into settings and point the
CD device to the CentOS iso file from step one and install CentOS on the
disk.

from the command line:

yum --assumeyes    update;
yum  --assumeyes   install libtool ;
yum   --assumeyes  install git;

export  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/  ;
export LIBPATH=/usr/local/lib/   ;
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/  ;

#######   y a s m  #######
cd  ~  ;
rm -Rf  ./yasm ;
git clone git://github.com/yasm/yasm.git   yasm ;
cd    ./yasm;
./autogen.sh ;
./configure ;
make  && make install ;

##### o p u s    ######
cd ~  ;
rm  -Rf ./opus;
git clone git://git.opus-codec.org/opus.git  opus  ;
cd  opus ;
./autogen.sh   ;
./configure --disable-flac ;
make;
make check;
make install;

######  f f m p e g  ######
cd ~  ;
rm -Rf  ./ffmpeg ;
git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg ;
cd  ffmpeg ;
 ./configure --disable-shared   --enable-static  --enable-libopus && make
V=1 > make-results2.txt ;
make ;

curl  http://edwardsmarkf.com/bat-guano.wav  >bat-guano.wav ;    ##  get a
test file...
./ffmpeg -i   ./bat-guano.wav   -c:a libopus -b:a 64k -ar 48000 -ac 2
./bat-guano.opus
./ffmpeg -i   ./bat-guano.wav -acodec libopus -ab 64k -ar 48000 -ac 2
./bat-guano.opus  ;