[FFmpeg-user] Audio sync issues when transcoding Hauppauge HDPVR content

Scott Naef snaef1 at mail.brookdalecc.edu
Wed Jan 16 15:46:53 CET 2013

On 1/16/2013 3:11 AM, Henk D. Schoneveld wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2013, at 10:20 PM, Scott Naef <snaef1 at mail.brookdalecc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Carl,
>>
>> Thank you for the help.  My sample source file input.mpg is at:
>> https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzSQuUjfkFN1a191MG9acnFPc3M&export=download
>>
>> My resulting output.mp4 is at:
>> https://drive.google.com/?tab=oo&authuser=0#folders/0BzSQuUjfkFN1OWIyNEQyRndmWG8
>>
>> My ffmpeg command is:
>> ffmpeg  -i input.mpg -async 1 -y -vcodec libx264 -r 25 -b:v 1268k -s 512x368 -acodec libmp3lame -threads 2 output.mp4
> Your source is 29.97 fps and your command line has -r 25 in it ??
>> Ouput log:
>> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSQuUjfkFN1N0VsLXVud2tsV0E/edit
>>

>> Tracy,
>>
>> I tried your -vsync 1 option but it did not work wither.  I also tried -vsync 0 and interestingly this option produced a slew of PTS / DTS conflict errors ( log is at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzSQuUjfkFN1U1FaME43RjdBYTQ/edit ) but that did not work either.
>>
>> -Scott

>>> Please provide a sample that is long enough to
>>> easily (!) see the desync.
>>>
>>> And please provide the command line you tested
>>> for transcoding (ideally for the sample you
>>> provide) together with complete, uncut console
>>> output.
>>>
>>> Carl Eugen

The -r 25 option might be left over from other testing.  I tried quite a
few permutation of options and nothing seemed to work.  I tried very
complex options like using -map on audio and video separately to very
straight forward input output with almost no options.  Nothing seemed to
work.

Based on the ticket  #2143 opened by Carl I downgraded to version 0.8.4
of FFMPEG and the audio/video sync is working properly using the  -async
1 option.

-Scott