[FFmpeg-user] ffplay can't play RTSP stream over internet (only inside LAN)

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Thu Jan 17 18:03:16 CET 2013

On 01/16/2013 04:01 PM, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:46:29 -0200
> Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [rtsp @ 0x7f3cdc000920] UDP timeout, retrying with TCP
>> [rtsp @ 0x7f3cdc000920] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: h264, 1280x720): unspecified pixel format
>> Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
>> [rtsp @ 0x7f3cdc000920] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be
>> inaccurate
>
> 	Nobody?

I'm not an RTSP expert, but I do know that UDP doesn't go through a
normal NAT firewall (unless the app and firewall use uPnP, or the
firewall has a connection tracking helper).

If that's your problem, you may need to ask for help from your firewall
provider.

I don't know what the "retrying with TCP" part means, either, as I
didn't know RTSP had a TCP fallback.

Phil