[FFmpeg-user] Can I speed up transcoding?

Leo Papadopoulos leo at telecomcto.com
Fri Jan 18 20:06:04 CET 2013

Carl:

I thought I would follow up with you on this since you have been so helpful
to me. In the end the problem was that I was using an Amazon EC2 "micro"
instance. It turns out these instances only support short bursts of intense
computation which is why they are so cheap. I upgraded my EC2 instance to a
"small" instance and now I can get the conversion of my 1m39s FLV to MP4 in
about 20seconds realiably every time. If I was willing to pay for a faster
instance I could probably get it to go even faster but this is good enough
for now.

Thanks again for all your help.

Leo P.