[FFmpeg-user] Joinging 2 or more mp3 files into one mp3 file with cross fading...

Liam Condron-Farnos 23liam at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:15:16 CET 2013

There is a guide to concatenating files on the ffmpeg community
wiki<https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/How%20to%20concatenate%20(join%2C%20merge)%20media%20files>,
in particular I think you would find the concat *filter* most useful, since
it can be used with other filters.

For crossfading, you can probably kludge something together with the
aselect<http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#aselect_002c-select>and
volume <http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#volume> filters, but you'd be
better off using another tool. For the command-line, you should look up
sox. Personally, I'd fire up a GUI program for something like this (unless
you need to work with large batches).