[FFmpeg-user] ....ffmpeg-user has been disabled due, to excessive bounces

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jan 23 20:43:42 CET 2013

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:27:13 +0100
Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> what the hell?
>
> our mailserver does for sure not bounce
> and especially not excessive
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: confirm 4e3838ba90bc58ba6730209c05ad1f05697a448a
> Datum: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:23:57 +0100
> Von: ffmpeg-user-request at ffmpeg.org
> An: h.reindl at thelounge.net
>
> Your membership in the mailing list ffmpeg-user has been disabled due
> to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 23-Jan-2013.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
> you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
> this before your membership in the list is deleted.
>
> To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
> (leaving the Subject: line intact), or visit the confirmation page at

It appears that you have experienced this before:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-July/008097.html

You can read about how the bounce processing works:
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node25.html

Our current bounce_score_threshold is 5.0.

Bounce messages are not kept for admin review so I can not view any
specific technical details, so either your address is bouncing messages
and/or Mailman has an issue. Since you seem to be the only one
reporting a problem in recent history and have provided no evidence of
a lack of bouncing then I will assume it is an issue on your end.