[FFmpeg-user] pts/dts error using reset_timestamps while splitting a DVD

Owen Jones riots6 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:20:35 CET 2013

On 23 Jan 2013, at 10:08, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Thank you, I was able to reproduce the error message
> and failure.
>
> If you use the segmenting on the original vob file, do
> you see the same error?

Thanks for checking. I had tried that directly from the DVD but got buffer underrun errors. I'll try running it from a vob file on disk and will post the output.

The other thread "Reset Timestamps for mp4..." looks like a very similar problem - however I don't want to use the same -vcodec mpeg4 solution since I want to avoid transcoding if at all possible.

Regards, Owen