[FFmpeg-user] cannot convert to side-by-side video, unrecognized option

Liam Condron-Farnos 23liam at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:12:32 CET 2013

Are you using the version from the repos? For 10.04, that would be
comically out-of-date. Look here to get a more recent version:

http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

The PPA is probably the easiest method, and it should work perfectly fine
for you (so try that first), but it won't get you the very latest git head
version (which is what this mailing list prefers).