[FFmpeg-user] Unknown encoder 'libfaac'

Avelyne Goh avelyne_goh at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 06:11:42 CET 2013

> Your mail is completely unreadable here, so at
> least I cannot answer it, sorry!
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/43464
Sorry I have no idea how come my new lines are being concatenated :( I hope this time it will not be:
> Or is the problem that there is a bug / missing feature > in "Metaio" because it does not support current FFmpeg, > only older versions?> In this case, I would strongly recommend to use a newer > compatible version.
I believe that it is a bug/missing feature in Metaio as the converted videos are working fine in Windows; however when loaded into Metaio, only the audio is played correctly, the video freezes at the first frame. Metaio claims that they are still trying to resolve this issue, and at the mean time they are suggesting that I use the older version of FFMPEG. Just for your information, the following was the command that I used to convert the videos in the latest version of FFMPEG:
ffmpeg -i mp4_374.mp4 -r 20 -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 150k -s qcif -aspect 16:9 -acodec libvo_aacenc -b:a 48k -ar 22050 mp4_374.3g2
And you may find the output of the video (that was converted successfully using the above command in the latest FFMPEG) from the link below:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6sqkkeBP3R5SjF6LVltdkFMd0U/edit
Thank you.