[FFmpeg-user] bitrates and limits

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jan 26 17:51:16 CET 2013

JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg <at> btinternet.com> writes:

> >> ffmpeg -threads 0 -i xxx.avi -vcodec libx264
> >                                       ^^^^^^^

[...]

> just so we ae on the same page, xxx.avi, is a generic
> name given to files to be converted, it also happens with
> mpeg2 files as well.

(I did not want to imply the opposite, are you sure that
your mail application is set to a monospaced font?)

> Are you saying that as im using x264 this should be
> passed on to the x264 developers?

You should test with x264 (the command line application)
to find out if it is also reproducible without FFmpeg.

> ps xxx.avi HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PORN

I did not want to imply this, but please note that it
has often been said that a large percentage of
open-source video development always had a lot to do
with porn.

> pps. did you download the fails.bin file?

Yes, twice;-)
And I sent an answer to your last message:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/43395/focus=43421

Please do not shout here, Carl Eugen