[FFmpeg-user] pad filter of odd amounts

Jeremy Greene jeremy at ZeeVee.Com
Tue Jan 29 18:14:18 CET 2013

Hi,

I see that there's a bug, "padding to odd/uneven size fails", #1618 and wondering if there's any update on it?
I am trying to shift an image over and down one pixel:

ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -vf pad=1281:721:1:1,crop=1280:720:0:0 -f mpeg2video out.ts

But that does nothing. If I move it an even number of pixels, it does work fine.
Anyone have any pointers in the event I try to fix it?! I have worked pretty extensively in libavcodec and elsewhere, so pretty familiar with the labyrinth of ffmpeg :)

Btw, I'm not on the list, so please cc me on any greatly appreciated help/pointers!!

Jeremy