[FFmpeg-user] How to output real frame number instead of sequentially added image numbers

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:00:28 CET 2013

On date Tuesday 2013-01-29 18:17:50 -0800, tracey jaquith wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Stefano Sabatini <stefasab at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On date Wednesday 2013-01-23 13:22:57 +0100, Bernard wrote:
[...]
> > This is ticket #1452:
> > https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1452
> >
> > Also see the recent thread:
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/158092
> >
> > [...]
>
> Thanks, Stefano!
> Does the ticket mean I'm working on it or someone else is?  8-)

If you're interested you could join the discussion, once we agree on
the design we can implement it (better than implementing it and find
out that we don't agree on the design).

Possibly an extended pattern like
foobar-%{n:%03d}-%{time:%H-%m-%s}-%{pts}.jpeg, similar to what we
recently did with drawtext, may be good enough (while my current
approach is possibly not extensible enough).