[FFmpeg-user] h264 screenshot from multicast

Ståle Kristoffersen staalebk at ifi.uio.no
Mon Jul 1 14:13:33 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-01 at 11:39, basteon wrote:
> Hello,
> Well, with -vframes 1 you'll write one frame from this ts output and first
> picture is grey. And you'd say so that sometimes happening, then it may
> loose packets in the network and you must skip them with select option.

It's not losing packets, and I know this because the CC counters are
correct.

> That becomes gray 20 times in minute or what period?

I fetch 2MB from the video PID and then point ffmpeg to it. I missed a
zero, the actual number is more like 200. So 1 out of 200 times ffmpeg
creates an image containing gray stuff. If i use -ss 1 then it always
produce good looking image.

--
Ståle Kristoffersen
staalebk at ifi.uio.no