[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to just change the fps flags?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jul 6 23:01:57 CEST 2013

J. Scott Edwards <lost.alternative <at> gmail.com> writes:

> i don't know that it is a bug at all...  well, maybe
> that the output is so terribly pixelated.
>
> i assume that this command:
>
> ffmpeg -i input.avi -r 24 output.avi

Honestly: Did you read my mail?

[...]

> I want it to leave the frames exactly the way they are
> now but only play 24 of them every second so that the
> video runs slower.  I.E. instead of being 10:27 long
> the video is 13:02.

The setpts filter supports this, it needs reencoding though.

> ffmpeg version 0.8.6-4:0.8.6-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

This is not FFmpeg but an intentionally broken version that
contains several hundred bugs not present in FFmpeg, including
some security relevant issues, please understand that we
cannot support it here.
See http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for supported versions.

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen