[FFmpeg-user] Comments about audio sync invited

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jul 9 09:44:57 CEST 2013

James Linder <jam <at> tigger.ws> writes:

> ffmpeg -f pulse -itsoffset 0.2 -i default -f v4l2
> -i /dev/video0 -vtag divx -s svga -r pal -q:v 5
> file.avi -s svga -f rawvideo - |
> ffplay -f rawvideo -i - -s svga

Complete, uncut console output missing.

Do I understand correctly that the output file out.avi
shows problems or did you only see problems in the
ffplay output?
If this is about the output file, is the problem also
reproducible with ffmpeg alone (without the pipe to
ffplay)?

I never tested pulse but it was suggested repeatedly
not to use it, try alsa instead.

Please understand that thread-hijacking is considered
rude here (as is top-posting), Carl Eugen