[FFmpeg-user] capture via decklink

Jim Shupert jshupert at pps-inc.com
Fri Jul 12 17:20:15 CEST 2013

Friends,
Does anyone know if it is possible to capture by a Blackmagic card ?
a DeckLink Mini Recorder or DeckLink SDI?
I would like to capture SDI and then turn that into various files
including a live stream maybe being served by ffserver.
I have been googling and trying things I see a bmdcapture that wishes
one use the libav fork .
So - I wondering if 'true ffmpeg' can do the same or something simular.

i have a recent ffmpeg built on a ubuntu 12.04 64bit machine with
DeckLink SDI and the app media express is all working well.
But media express only captures as uncompressed . Then i use ffmpeg to
make my desired finished files.
I am exploring a better means to pipe and tee and do what i need.

have a great day!

jS