[FFmpeg-user] Comments about audio sync invited

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Jul 13 13:38:10 CEST 2013

Le tridi 23 messidor, an CCXXI, James Linder a écrit :
> > The tee muxer in this command line does not make any sense. The cat is
> > completely useless too.
> Please explain a little more.

http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#tee

Outputs of the tee muxer are separated by | in the output file name; your
command line has no | in the output file name.

> I want to output the pipe to ffplay or mplayer but after a while my
> display and my recorded file show pauses every 5 seconds or so of 100mS or
> so.

Looks like a sound device over- or underflow.

>     The cat command would isolate the display process from the mix.

There is nothing to isolate. With the command you posted, cat will only sit
in the way doing nothing.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George