[FFmpeg-user] Better way to merge audio and video? (ffmpeg1.2.1)

John Crossman johncrossman at berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 23 00:33:11 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Bouke (VideoToolShed) <
bouke at videotoolshed.com> wrote:

> Merge the audio and video into a single video track (i.e., output.mp4)
>>

> But you are re-encoding the whole shebang.
> Try -i audio -i video -vcodec copy -acodec copy outfile

Thanks! After one sample run, the output looks good. Much faster.

Per Lou's comment, regardless of my operation I should never need '-qscale'
(or the equivalent '-q:v') if my configuration includes
*--enable-libx264 *(which
it does). Right?

Thanks again.