[FFmpeg-user] Problem with concat at the stitch point!

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Jul 24 11:14:16 CEST 2013

Le quintidi 5 thermidor, an CCXXI, Oliver Fromme a écrit :
> ffmpeg -i "concat:file1|file2|file3|file4" ...
>
> I don't know if that makes any difference, but it might be
> worth a try.

It makes a huge difference: this commands glues the sequences of bytes
together, while Colin Barnette's command glues the sequences of packets
together. In particular:

> ffmpeg -i "concat:s7-1.avi|s7-2.avi|s7-3.avi|s7-4.avi" -b:v 11000k 7-Final.avi

... AVI files can not be usefully concatenated at the byte stream level,
this command will just ignore s7-2.avi and the next ones.

Only a handful of formats, usually formats without a global header, can be
concatenated at the byte stream level.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George