[FFmpeg-user] Playing Inverse Telecined 24 fps video on a 1080p 60 Hz Computer Monitor

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 19:53:09 CEST 2013

>Only you can answer if you saw ugly combing artefacts

>before inverse telecine that disappeared after.

Yes, there were ugly combing artifacts that did disappear when
I inverse telecined it.

I want to know if will I be introducing other artifacts due to
the fact that the inverse telecined video is 24 fps, while the display
is 1080p at 60 Hz.  For example, will motion now be less smooth?

How does it work?  How does a video which has 24 fps get displayed on
a TV with displays at 60 fps?  Does it duplicate frames?  Or does it
telecine it?  Something else?  That's the question.