[FFmpeg-user] Specify log file for 2-pass encoding

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:09:37 CEST 2013

I'd
> like the log file to have?  The ffmpeg man page says the -passlogfile can
be
> used to specify the logfile for pass 1.  But how do I tell ffmpeg to use
that log
> file in pass 2?

IIRC you specify the same option for both passes. The documentation on the
'-pass' option:

	‘-pass[:stream_specifier] n (output,per-stream)’

	    Select the pass number (1 or 2). It is used to do two-pass video
encoding. The statistics of the video are recorded in the first pass into a
log file (see also the option -passlogfile), and in the second pass _that_
	log file is used to generate the video at the exact requested
bitrate.