[FFmpeg-user] Record AND display

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Jun 7 04:15:15 CEST 2013

Hi
I stand on a hill overlooking the city and don't know where to face :-)

I want to record a vlc camera and line-in audio and display the recording at the same time.
Can anybody point me in a direction - thanks (I can record to file with ffmpeg)

transcode did do this, one the filters does show a fullscreen picture of what is being recorded.
transcode has languished in the audio department: it does not do pulse, and no matter how horrible pulse may be seeing a peak-meter while recording is most useful. Using a recent kernel with oss modules, or compiled in, results in 'inappropriate ioctl'.

Thanks
James