[FFmpeg-user] Merge two videos into one with side-by-side composition

John Crossman johncrossman at berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 15 00:16:50 CEST 2013

The side-by-side composition worked... Thank you!

But one problem: The video on the right is positioned too far (1) to the
right and (2) down. Thus, those edge portions of the video are chopped away.

Here is command I'm using:

*ffmpeg -i  videoLeft.mpg -i  videoRight.mpg -filter_complex
"[0:v:0]pad=iw*2:ih[bg]; [bg][1:v:0]overlay=w"  output.mpg
*

Any tips?

Thanks again,
John