[FFmpeg-user] Merge two videos into one with side-by-side composition

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Jun 20 03:40:18 CEST 2013

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:55:42 -0700
John Crossman <johncrossman at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Thanks! That tip is a big help. One remaining question:
>
> The resulting video has no audio. There are two ways I could modify ffmpeg
> command to get the audio I need:
>
>    1. tell ffmpeg to use audio of one of the input videos

None of your inputs have audio in your console output that you provided.
If there was audio in one of the inputs then it should have
automatically been mapped to the output.

If you have audio in both inputs then see my previous answer:
<https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2013-June/015662.html>

>    2. pass in a third input which is the audio stream

That's easy. Just add another input. Place it after the other inputs so
your pad and overlay command still works, otherwise the mapping will be
different.