[FFmpeg-user] sound volume normalisation

jacky renaux.jacky at orange.fr
Tue Jun 25 19:56:23 CEST 2013

Hi all gourous

I do request your knowledge and advices

I am getting flv files encoded from ffmpeg
and then I had to normalize sound levels
since few weeks i had flv (H264+mp3) and it was fine
and a fast process

 1.   demux video , demux audio
 2.   run lame to find out the sound level
 3.   remux saved video + audio with volume the corrected volume level

now I am getting flv (h264+aac)
and doing the new cascading almost ffmpeg runs

 1.   demux video
 2.   demux aac audio
 3.   demux and convert aac to mp3
 4.   run lame on mp3 to find volume level
 5.   remux saved video + saved aac with corrected volume value

the second process takes a lot longer
do I make a mistake , is there any advices to speed up
is there a ffmpeg filter option which compete with lame ?

regards

jacky