[FFmpeg-user] Inverse Telecine with fieldmatch filter

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jun 26 16:00:18 CEST 2013

L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> For 720p I used your suggestion to interlace and deinterlace:

(I should add that I meanwhile realized it may be
faster to use fps=30000/1001 instead of interlace)

> >> but also to make a conversion of the 6-channel AC-3
> >> for the first audio track (stereo aac), then copy the
> >> source audio into an additional audio track (6-channel AC-3)

> ffmpeg -i /720p_clip.mpg -vf
> "crop=1264:528:6:100,interlace,fieldmatch=order=tff:combmatch=full,
> yadif=deint=interlaced, decimate" -pix_fmt yuv420p
> -c:v libx264 -preset slower -tune film -crf 18
> /Output_720p_clip.mp4

What I don't understand is that you apparently have
specific needs about how the audio should look
like in the output file but you don't tell FFmpeg...

What about the following?
$ ffmpeg -i file -acodec aac -ac 2 -strict -2 -acodec copy out.mp4
(This may not work as-is but you can at least
start testing)

Carl Eugen