[FFmpeg-user] change in behavior with -vf yadif

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 20:52:11 CEST 2013

Hello,

I recently upgraded from 0.10.7 to 1.0.7.  When I did so I saw a change in behavior with the -vf yadif flag.

I am using ffmpeg to converge mpeg2 interlaced video (dvd video) to x264.

The command I was using was this:
ffmpeg -report -v 9 -loglevel 99 -i in.mkv -c copy -vf yadif -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -crf 20 /tmp/out.mkv

With 0.10.7, I got this line in the log:    [yadif @ 0x75fdbb64a0] mode:0 parity:-1 auto_enable:0

With 1.0.7, yadif isn't mentioned in the log at all.

It looks, to my untrained eye that the output is deinterlaced, but I could be mistaken. So this is my question:

a) am I putting the -vf yadif option in the right place? Maybe ffmpeg got pickier about where to put it?
b) maybe ffmpeg is now less verbose?
c) maybe I'm doing something else wrong.

Thanks